Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Random Shit Wednesday

Tuesday Workout: 2 slow jogged mile around "the track"
Wednesday Workout: Flattop (well, most of it)

Think of today as, like, Leap Random Shit Tuesday. Don't think about it too hard, though, because it doesn't actually make sense. Random Tuesday should have happened yesterday, but instead we're having it one day late, so there you have it-Leap Random Shit Tuesday. It's got a terrible ring to it. It's basically my way of saying "There was zero chance of me wasting time on this silly blog on Election Day." I thought about it very briefly, but as soon as CNN projections started raining down from above (I have to hear CNN all day at work so I'm sick and tired of the whole crew, particularly Erin Burnett, but their projections are so much fun, especially when they favor your guy), the t.v. turned into an irresistible black hole. So with much unnecessary ado, I present to you Random Shit Wednesday.

  • As demanded by my most novice of novice plans, I ran two miles yesterday. They were extremely slow, they were around a track, and one was barefoot. As visionary Forrest Gump once said, "That's about all I have to say about that."
I like bright shorts. I did not run in that jacket, although it's rather chilly running around an ice rink. Imagine that.


  • Don't you hate it when you do laundry and your favorite shirt is the first thing you wear? I did that today. Now I have to wait until the next time I do laundry six years from now before I can wear it again. Ugh.
  • I heard a commercial yesterday for "East Anchorage's first modern Asian fusion cuisine all-you-can-eat buffet!!!!" Is that an accomplishment? I don't get it.
  • It seems like every popular song these days is about dying young and living the shit out of your life before it comes to a brutal and tragic end. I present you thisthis, and this. Basically, I should be filling my body with toxic substances and do dangerous things that will hasten my death because it's soooooooo fun. I know, I know, that's not really what these songs are saying. I'm probably just bitter because I'm an old hag now.
  • Barack Obama's got four more years! How random (but not really)! The four hour time difference between Alaska and the East Coast finally worked to our advantage-the election was called at like 6:30 my time so I didn't have to lose any more sleep over it. The time difference puts Alaska in a shit place electorally, though, because our votes count even less than any other state, even sparsely populated places like Wyoming (Wyoming, you're beautiful; never change). Not only do we only have three electoral votes, and not only do we always go red (although surprisingly enough Obama out-raised Romney this year), but we're always still voting when the winner's announced. Important we are not.
  • I almost got taken out while driving up to Flattop after class today. I often see people go careening around this one curve completely out of control, but they always manage to get their act together before they plow into me. Today my mind must have been particularly strong because I saw this car screeching around the corner like a bat out of hell and immediately thought, "Oh great, this time I'm actually going to get hit." I was wrong, but just barely. The dude came to a stop in a snow bank literally inches in front of my car. He had been moving FAST. Because I'm a good samaritan (and didn't feel like getting into an argument), I got out of my car to check that he was okay, and this asshole didn't even say he was sorry! I couldn't believe it. Jerk. Fortunately, it was a beautiful day and the scenery more than made up for that stupid belieber.

Flattop, you handsome devil, you.


Critter tracks. Wabbit?
  • Tomorrow's plan is to run 3 miles. I'm sure it will be thrilling. I'm not sure what to say about my shin. It's bruised where I have pain, but maybe that's because I'm rubbing it all the time to see if it hurts? I don't know. I'm a freak. It is also sort of sore after hiking today, so maybe that's not great for it? Whatever. My stupid plan has me hardly running at all so I'm going to run the few miles it does allow me.
Happy Random Shit Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment