Thursday, November 15, 2012

3 Miles and Texas Row

Workout: 3 miles at the track, 9:40, 9:41 (consistency!), 10:10 (barefoot)

Today's Anchorage-y photo: more marine art!

Taken before it snowed

Studying and general stress turned me into a trash compactor yesterday. If it even remotely resembled bread, I ate it: pizza, bread sticks, potato chips, LOTS OF ACTUAL BREAD... the list goes on and on. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but it had me feeling pretty gross this morning.

I was pleasantly surprised I was able to run between classes today. I had a calculus test ("real life") and finished an hour early (I'm that good-or, depending on the outcome, that awful), which left me enough time to bust out a few miles and go do STATA stuff in the lab before my next class. How very productive! More productive than watching millions of hours of FNL, at least (side note: I can't believe the 2008 writers strike forced them to cut season two seven episodes short, and that they then decided to go on to season three as though they had shown those episodes! Related additional sidenote: I get way too invested in t.v. shows).

Anyway, the three miles flew by, I felt great, my shin felt great, everything was great, the angels were singing from the heavens... it was great. If I had to describe it in one word, I'd say "spectacular" (you thought I was going to say great, didn't you? WRONG). Even though Hal hardly lets me run at all, each and every run has been pretty great (there it is again, the most descriptive of words!). Keep it up, body.

I made the terrible mistake of trying a new route home after work. Note to self: DON'T TRY NEW THINGS. What a failure. Not only did it take about twice as long to get home, but I had to drive through what I will from now on call "Texas Row." Get a load of this restaurant lineup: Lone Star Steakhouse, Golden Corral, Black Angus Steakhouse, and one other I'm blanking on. Does it matter? Texas Row. Alternate name: hell. I hadn't been on this road since they extended it to the other side of town, and I can only hope I'm never unfortunate enough to find myself there again.

It has been far too long since I've made it to my beloved Flattop. A week, I think? It's been so long I can hardly remember what it looks like.

Oh right. Beautiful.

Will have to get out there soon.

And now I must watch my dog hilariously try to eat a boiling hot brussel sprout that fell straight from the oven onto the floor. It's the little things...

0 comments:

Post a Comment