Saturday, November 24, 2012

5 Miles and a Halfhearted Attempt at Posting

Workout: 5 miles, 9:54 average


Behind my old high school's pool post-run

This is going to be short and sweet because I have a date with Lincoln (marry me, DDL). I had wanted to hit up the Coastal Trail for this run, but I didn't give myself enough time so had to settle for the road by my old high school. I knew it wasn't completely flat, but hot damn, it felt hilly as hell. On the way out, things were nice because they were largely downhill (all downhill, by the looks of my garmin data), but coming back I really had to push it. It felt great. I'm pretty pissed I only gained like 200 feet, though. It felt hard as shit!




Absolutely no shin pain, which was great. It was cold enough that my eyebrows and eyelashes crystallized, but I'm not sure exactly what the temperature was-9 degrees, maybe? A beautiful day. We've been so lucky weather-wise since I've been back! Very few gross, grey days. Now if only it would snow again...

Aren't vacations weird? Last night, Friday night, I was already sad about the weekend almost being over. The real weekend hadn't even started yet. I'm so spoiled.

With that, I leave you to go drool at a dead guy (sorry to give away the ending to anyone unfamiliar with the story).

0 comments:

Post a Comment