Alternate Title: Blame it on the i-i-i-i-i-i-iron
BREAKING NEWS. THIS JUST IN. DROP EVERYTHING. This broad's got low iron levels.
Workout: 3 miles, 10:51 (moving pace)
So it's official: my wonky health is at least in part attributable to low iron. Not very exciting, but it was nice to hear it's not just me doing me. The doctor left me a cryptic message telling me she's going to "send instructions" with the results of my blood tests. I assume these instructions will be something to the effect of "Take more iron." She didn't tell me how deficient I am (in iron, not life skills), but I assume she would have been a bit more energetic if it were anything serious.
Maybe I'll start something similar to that WIAW thing you see everywhere, only I'll call it "WIATTIMIL" (What I Ate Today To Increase My Iron Levels). It will probably consist entirely of iron supplements and kale (kale has iron, right?).
In other earth-shattering news, I started marathon training today! I was hoping to kick it off with a bang, but instead I kicked it off with a lackluster run around my neighborhood. The word "meh" sums it up pretty well.
It snowed! This constant thawing/snowing cycle needs to stop, please thank you.
I randomly felt sore this morning, peculiar given that I've hardly moved for the past week. I guess my body knew what it was in for. The goal was to keep a 10:52 average, and I'd say I nailed it.
10:51 total average. Full disclosure: my clock is still on East Coast time. I always forget whether it's three or four hours ahead and start flipping out when I think I'm going to be late to wherever I have to be that day.
Despite the slower-than-usual-pace, I really felt like I was dragging ass. Bailey also seemed to be struggling; like owner like dog? Because of the ass dragging, I limited my route to the very short, flat part of my neighborhood.
Again and again and again. Please don't hunt me down and kill me.
It wasn't the incredible, picturesque, life-changing run I was hoping for, but it works.
Thumbs up for working. And for a possibly receding hairline.
A couple of administrative notes:
- Blogger won't let me access the comments on my last post so alas, it seems I'm going to leave y'all hanging. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate them just as much (nay, more!) than any other time you've commented.
- I've been living a double life (cue dramatic music). I read blogs through my other Google account, which means I occasionally comment as that Jean and not this Jean. I finally got my act together and moved my subscriptions over to this account, so maybe that will stop happening. If you've been wondering why there seems to have been a recent proliferation of Jeans on the interblogs (you haven't), it's probably all me. Sorry.
I'll leave you here. If you need to find me, I'll be stuffing my face with iron supplements. How many is too many? Ten? Twenty? I like to excel in everything I do.
- What do I eat to get my iron levels up? Kale? I like kale. I hate most other leafy greens.
- Is your place of residence also experiencing this melt-snow-melt-snow thing? The news seems to tell me this is happening everywhere.
- Send me some steak, please?
- WIATTIMIL is an incredible idea, right? Let's trademark it.