Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Short But Sweet

Workout: 4 miles, 10:51 average

Today I ran. I moved one foot in front of the other at a brisk pace until I had covered four miles. I ran in my neighborhood, which was surprisingly not as terrible as I was expecting. It was 9 degrees, a bit cooler than the 30-degree weather we've been having, but I felt dandy once I got moving. It was delightful to run on plowed pavement instead of the loose powder of my last couple of runs.

Hey, it's Flattop! The flattest of tops. Hey, hill.

Garmin blew it again. It claims I started in a wooded ditch and not at my house. I may someday end up in a wooded ditch, but I most certainly did not start from one today. Consequently, during my first mile I was told I was running a 12:30 mile which caused me to pick up the pace. I spent the rest of the run moving faster than I should have (10:52) trying to bring my average down because inaccurate numbers on a screen are obviously more important than reality. I did it!


The cold temps resulted in a killer view of the mounts across the way. My phone had difficulty capturing said mounts, but they were awesome.

Loser phone.

So there you have it. Short but sweet.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so awesome that you get out and run at ANY pace in that weather! I'm such a CA wimp ;) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks! It's really not hard, though, when you heat up as much I do when I run. I'm always jealous of the people who knock out crazy long runs in ridiculously HOT temps!

      Delete