Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Shit Tuesday

Workout: Walking a bit, and THE CORE

And now for Random Shit Tuesday, where this dumb gal tells you dumb things.

I didn't work out today. I usually use the time between classes on Tuesday and Thursday to do so, but today I had an assignment "due" so needed to make absolutely sure I did it. Turns out the best way to ensure you don't run is by not bringing any workout stuff with you. Fancy that. It also turns out that due dates mean different things to different people. To some, "due on Tuesday" means "I won't post the assignment and then when you ask me about it I'll change the due date to Thursday." Big waste of time. Long story long, I didn't work out. And I'll be damned if I'm going to do a legitimate workout after work. That shit may have flown in New York, but not here. Instead, I'm going to take another stab at Lauren's killer weights workout. Be still, my heart, weights won't kill you.

This sweet lady I work with has started giving me a bag of M&Ms every time I do something she approves of. I guess she's trying to encourage a Pavlovian response? Whatever the case, I can't eat any more candy. Every time I try to say no she gives me the most disapproving look. Let's hope we never go out boozing together.

Speaking of work, I've got a nice view:



I have a walnut problem. I put them on my oatmeal every morning (I will never, ever force a picture of oatmeal on you, never you fear, my reader), but it's gotten sort of out of hand. Initially, aware of the mega calories they pack, I used them sparingly, but as time has gone on I've had a "just one more" mentality that has led to a nutsplosion. I've made no effort to do anything about this, but admitting the problem is 90% of the work, right?

I have the least festive family ever. We fought each other over who would carve the pumpkin, but here's the thing - we were all trying to not do it. My dad bought the pumpkin thinking I was some pumpkin carving freak. I'm not sure where he got that idea. In the end he just ended up doing it, but I cooked the seeds to perfection so I'll call my job done.

The most boring pumpkin ever

My lack of Halloween spirit is nothing new. Last year I went as a sippy cup.

Sippy cup.

Fun fact: Alaskans are not the hardy people we make ourselves out to be. Most of us are just as wimpy as you are about the cold. It's been in the low-twenties for the past couple of weeks, and people stare at me in shock when they see me walk into my office building with *gasp* exposed legs?!?! The horror! Thing is, exposing your parts to twenty-degree temperatures for five minutes isn't going to kill you. It won't even do any lasting damage. Given the choice between wasting time piling on the layers and just putting up with it, I'll choose the latter almost every time. Don't quote me on that. We Alaskans like to toot our horns but hey, we're just like you!

We seem to have lost an hour of daylight in like two days. It's been getting dark around 7:15, and today it was dark at 6:30. Not a huge deal, just weird. It will be a big deal once daylight savings rips another hour from us. And it'll still be dark when we wake up! What's the point, I ask? Not a lot of farming going on in these parts. We have been getting some nice skies recently though.


Steve Jobs kills me. I'm reading is biography (I'm not trying to sell it to you, I just don't want to get sued), and that man was certifiable. An excerpt:

"An early showdown came over employee badge numbers. Scott assigned #1 to Wozniak and #2 to Jobs. Not surprisingly, Jobs demanded to be #1. 'I wouldn't let him have it, because that would stoke his ego even more,' said Scott. Jobs threw a tantrum, even cried. Finally, he proposed a solution. He would have badge #0."

He also used to soak his feet in toilets to relax. My kinda guy.

Happy Tuesday, folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment