Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Random Shit Tuesday

WorkoutTHE CORE, erging/stationary biking (aka "livin' the dream")

Comin' atcha from the aforementioned bike. Trying to see if I'm as bad at blogging on a phone as I am on a computer...

Welcome to this week's Random Shit Tuesday where this random shit (me) tells you things of no consequence whatsoever! But first, a picture to draw in your attention!


Lights downtown.
  • This is going to come off as "brag, brag, I'm from Alaska and I'm so hardcore," but I don't mean it like that at all. I am honestly just confused. About what, you ask? Well, I don't understand why there are so many blog posts and magazine articles or whatever about winter running. I mean, I understand wondering about what to wear on your feet, as I did a couple of days ago (still waiting for an answer! Or I could just ask google). Not everyone knows what options are available for running on slippery surfaces, or which work best under which circumstances. But why do you need someone to tell you how to keep yourself warm? Aren't we as humans evolved to know how to stay warm? Add some layers! Okay, it might be necessary to further specify the use of non-cotton layers, but that's true of all seasons. I don't get it. What else is there to know? Tell me why I'm wrong/a jackass.
  • I was in the elevator at work yesterday and there was this girl with two yappity yap yap dogs in there. Neither was on a leash, which seemed strange to me. I can maybe see why you would bring them to an office building, but I can't see why you wouldn't at least have them on a leash. I love dogs so I was cool with it, but there are tons of people who would not be cool with these dogs jumping all over them as they were doing to me. Anyway, I'm not a fan of yappity yap yaps to begin with, but the situation went from "These aren't great but I love all dogs" to "Oh my god, get me out of here NOW" when the girl told me their names: Bella and Edward. Uh huh. If you don't know who they are, consider yourself lucky.
  • To wash that pukey taste out of your mouth, I'll tell you about a totally awesome dog. He's enormous. His name is Thor. Bailey is terrified of him. It does make me very sad that his owners always make him sit outside tied to a tree, but it makes me very happy that I get to see him whenever I walk by. I want a Thor. I think girls with huge dogs are badass. It's a fact. Someday I'll get a picture of him.
  • Speaking of neighborhood walks and seeing a good spot to throw in an Anchorage-y photo, here's a random totem pole that sprang up out of nowhere:
Totem poles are so cool

  • I can't stop harmonizing to songs on the radio. It is SO ANNOYING, and I'M the one doing it. All I want to do when I hear a song is harmonize, which especially blows because I'm not good at it. At all. If I were married to me, I'd be pulling together divorce papers.
  • Does hand sweat smell? I often wear my gloves while running outside and find that my hands can get pretty shweddy, even when I've got the top snapped back (see below). Despite this, though, they never smell. Never. I wash them, mind you, but not as often as I wash sweaty shirts, and so far there's been no detectable odor. Cue traffic jam as what few readers I have sprint for the blog door...
So awesome they even stick to bathroom stalls!

  • Girls. Some of you are SO AWKWARD in the bathroom. We need to talk about this. Why do you just sit there quietly pretending you're not there when you are SO OBVIOUSLY THERE?! Bathrooms are freaky, you can't hide-the rest of us always know you're there. This morning at work I spent like five minutes changing clothes (approximately two minutes were spent trying to peel my new compression socks off my feet), and the other person just sat there. For five minutes. Really? Aren't you bored? Did you bring a magazine with you or something? Are you playing with your phone? Gross. I was tempted to sit in my stall for a while longer just to see what she did. I mean, she probably wanted to poop, right? We all poop. I don't care if you poop in front of me. I don't even know you, most likely. Chill out.
Today's RST sounded kind of complain-y, didn't it? I guess that's just the way these things go sometimes. But really, these things don't actually bug me, I just think they're weird. Here's a picture of Bailey so we can all forget about what a fickle human being I am.

The most noble

0 comments:

Post a Comment