Friday, January 11, 2013

How You TOO Can Become an Insanely Successful Blogger

Workout: I suddenly became inspired to do THE CORE and then just as quickly became uninspired. Turns out that not doing it for a while makes it a real bitch when you come crawling back! I pretty much only made it through the arm stuff and a couple rounds of squats ("couple" is used loosely as "one")

I decided to make a list of what makes for a popular blog, since I'm disgustingly popular. We all know these things, but here it is in quick-and-simple list form. Ready? Here we go!

  • Run really fast
  • Eat delicious but healthy and picturesque oatmeal for every meal
  • Have a fantastically hot boyfriend
  • Have a fantastically hot bod
  • Live somewhere exciting and go out for dinner every night
  • Have a kid
  • Good writing skills optional

I fall into none of these categories. Unless you want to call Bailey my kid, which is untrue-she's technically my sister. This is why they pay me the big bucks.

----

Here's a summary of what I got up to this week exercise-wise:

Saturday8 miles on new trails!
Sunday: short hike with my dad
Monday5 miles
Tuesday3 boring and somewhat painful miles on the treadmill
Wednesday: nada
Thursday5 miles

Total: 21 miles, 1 1/2 hours hiking

Not bad! It was the first time in a while that I've gone over 20 miles. Of course, there were some growing pains (to be expected, I guess), but I'm keeping an eye on it and icing/compressing like a pro. I'm going to start marathon training towards the end of February (for a late-June marathon-I'll talk about this at some point), and I'm hoping to be up around 25 miles/week at that point. Should be more than doable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment